Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Trust in God

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." (Psalm 143:8)

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." ( Proverbs 3:5-6).

There has never been a time in my life where I have had to trust in the Lord so much, and I have learned that it is one of the most difficult things to do. Yes, i have faith that the Lord is watching over me, and that He knows what He is doing with my life, but have i ever really trusted that what He is doing in my life is what truely is best for me? In the midst of a time where everything that has been stable in my life up to this point is all the sudden not so solid ground anymore, I have had to really trust that God will provide for Micah and I in our marriage. It is hard to trust in Him when everything is so uncertain, but I have learned from this that it is all I can do. It has challenged and strengthened my faith in so many ways. Everyday, I wake up unknowing of what lies ahead, but if I give it all over to Him, and trust Him with my day...my life...only then will I be at peace. When the road ahead is unclear and you can't see where you're driving or what you're driving toward, you just have to remember that you're not the one who is driving at all.

No comments: