Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Courage


Tomorrow morning I'm speaking at Mountain View Christian School's Wednesday morning chapel service. I've done it three times now and it's one of the most rewarding guest-speaking engagements I regularly accept. The students know me by name there. Only the problem is, my name is not my real name...they know me as "the cheez-it guy." I guess if you tell something memorable to elementary school kids, they remember it because it was funny. Evidently, I was funny that first time I spoke about what I've found in my couch cushions.

Tomorrow's topic will be Courage. I'm going to use Deuteronomy 31:1-8 as my story. But the main verse is famous, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." In my elementary years I had many instances where courage was required...don't you remember being afraid to be in the dark? On the side bar I'm going to create a poll of fears, please click the ones that have applied to you.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Greatest Fear - If you had asked me 2 years ago I would have said death. Now that I am a mom death looks like a piece of cake, but if something were to happen to my son I don't know what I would do.