Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Adventures of Grandma Potter

This is my grandma (and nephews). She is the sweetest lady you'll ever meet.


Here's an exerpt from her Christmas letter that I received in the mail yesterday.

An unusual thing happened to me this year.  I ordered some items from a specialty catalog and didn't receive them, so I called the company. They assured me they were sent on June 15th. I asked what address, and it was NOT my address, so they sent another shipment to me. Meanwhile, I decided to go see WHO got my package, since it was fairly close by. I met another family of Potters who had indeed received my order and sent it back. She invited me in and we talked quite a while. Some similarities were apparent - she married a service man during WWII; she moved to California from New Mexico, etc. She doesn't drive, so is stuck at home and said she had been praying for a friend for 2 years! So I've tried to be that friend, taking her with me to shop for groceries and to one of my Bible classes. She loves to wander through the stores, so I have to plan to have time to spend with her. She never even gets out to grocery shop. Her birthday is March 10th, so she is 1 year and 1 day older than I am. She and her son went back to Albuquerque to the big balloon festival. I would like to see that. She brought me pictures.

Here's my question to you. When was the last time you let God lead you into a friendship that could have an eternal impact? When was the last time you did something out of the ordinary for someone else? There are millions of people looking for a friend to drive them to the store or take them to Bible study. Who are your neighborhood Potters?

Technorati tags: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: