Monday, December 01, 2008

Saying Goodbye // New Harvest Church

The past 24 months have been pretty fantastic. I wish I didn't have to leave, but God's got a plan. I just don't know what it is yet. Please pray for the students, parents and volunteers at NHC that I have grown to love. And please pray for Erica and I as we sort through everything and figure out our next move(s). I've had a ton of affirmation from people over the past couple of of days. The worship set in student ministries was amazing yesterday and the service was spectacular. I pray it's even more spectacular this coming Sunday, without me. What happens when I leave will be the measure of my success. Have I replaced myself? Have I set up systems that can withstand transition? We'll see. Here's an email I got this afternoon from a student.

"Hi Micah. I didn't get to talk to you on Sunday but i really wanted to tell you what an impact i feel you've made on this youth group. You have changed us for the better. You've brought me and I'm sure many others into a more intimate walk with Christ. You've also bonded this youth group so close together so we can all go on our journey with God together. I know i would do anything for anyone in this youth group. I wanted to personally thank you for all you've done for us. We're going to miss you Micah.You've changed our lives. I can only hope that our future youth paster can be half the one you were. Thank you."

Yesterday was a tear-filled day. I'll write more later, but I just wanted to give you an update on what's going on. My blog has been relatively quiet the past couple of weeks. It's been a difficult exit-process for me, so I haven't said much on here and I didn't want to announce anything before we talked to the students.

Have questions? Want to know what happened? Email me.

Technorati tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Thurman8er said...

I just said this on Facebook, but I'll say it again here. We love you and will be praying for God's hope and guidance for you guys.

Kevin said...

God's plans can be a crazy ride - fortunately you can trust him. I got fired from a church once, totally sucked - but God is good.

Brian said...

Sorry to hear about this. I'm going through a similar transition right now, although it was only a part-time position I left.

You guys are in my prayers.