Thursday, September 18, 2008

Talk to your kids...about stuff that matters.

The most significant conversations I've ever had with my parents were while driving somewhere. Try it.

Questions to spark spiritual conversations:

  • How's your relationship with Jesus?
  • How many of your friends know Christ?
  • What is the most important thing you want out of life?
  • What do you think is the most important thing to God? (refer to Matthew 22:34-40)
WARNING: THESE ARE NOT FOR EVERYONE...

Questions to spark spiritual conversations for the Daring Parents:

  • What's the difference between Christianity and other religions?
  • What do you think about what Jesus said about "Loving your enemies?" (see Matthew 5:43-48)
WARNING: THESE MAY BE DIFFICULT TO SWALLOW...

Questions to spark spiritual conversations for the Daring Parents that want to know how they are doing at modeling a relationship with Christ:
  • When was the last time you saw me pray?
  • When was the last time you saw me read my bible?
  • What's more important to me? Scholarships, Academics, Loving People, Social Life, Championships, Working Out, Having Fun, Family, Being Popular, Loving God, Making Memories, Making Money, or Looking Good?
  • How can I help you grow in your relationship with God?

Technorati tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: