Monday, March 23, 2009

A Jumbled Update on our Lives

Last week was a little crazy at New Vintage Church. We had 3 Living Room events (20-Something's Night Out, SingleLife Live, and MarriedLife Live). We also had our normal Saturday and Sunday night services. On top of that a ton of electrical work wa being done in our building to bring it up to fire code. This week is Spring Break for the schools up here so there's no student ministry stuff happening this week. Last night Erica and I went to see Duplicity. It was prett good, though not what I expected. I didn't even see one good shoot-out, oh well. We've got the twitter-wagon going up here and the church even has an account that I run (@newvintagewfc). We're right in the middle of a series called HOSTAGE and I'm closing out the series the week after Easter. I can't wait, it's going to be great to be on the main stage speaking to a whole new crowd of people. I've been leading the Production Team and they're a pretty awesome group of volunteers. One guy, Wes, is a Rock Star. Seriosly, the guy is basically a stage manager and makes sure everyone happens just right in set up, tear down and between. I love having him on te team! I just got a call from our new Small Group Leader and her mom isn't doing well. They need to take some time off from the group (pray for the Colberts please). So, we're debating leading that group, or trying to find new groups for our group to divide into. Not sure which way we're going to go yet. Ok, that's all the randomness I'm going to spit out at you, sorry for the lack of consistant posting. It'll be better. Oh, did I mention that I'm going to the DRIVE '09 conference? That conference has fueled a drive in me for the past 2.5 years. Can't wait to go again.

Technorati tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: